By Susan Pickard
"With nice rigour, but an enviable lightness of contact, Susan Pickard has written an interesting and available booklet that scholars will love."
- Rosaline Gill, urban collage London
"A scholarly journey de strength that brings into concentration many of the disciplines, histories, literatures and knowledges that experience remodeled us into glossy topics of age."
- Stephen Katz, Trent University
Age Studies takes an invigorating method of the study of age and ageing in modern society. Encompassing getting old during the lifestyles direction, taking in formative years, formative years, mid-life and older age, and positioned explicitly inside of a sociological disciplinary framework, Age Studies:
- Explores present social technology debates at the research of growing old linking those to middle sociological concepts.
- Links concept and alertness, utilizing a number of examples and overseas case studies
- Includes bankruptcy summaries, extra studying and guided questions.
A thought-provoking significant other to complex undergraduates and postgraduate scholar learning getting old, older humans, social gerontology and comparable courses.
Read or Download Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course PDF
Similar gerontology books
Via Social paintings perform in domestic health and wellbeing Care, social staff will find a detailed “how-to” method of social paintings perform in domestic well-being care businesses. you can find a historic standpoint on domestic wellbeing and fitness care and scientific interventions that will help you increase domestic health and wellbeing deal with your sufferers.
The workout programming instructions supplied during this booklet specialize in practical health education and security and display how sporting events supervised via actions group of workers can strongly gain participants’quality of existence. workout Programming for Older Adults promises that workout programming attains a stability among the 3 significant actual components--aerobic, power, and adaptability training--and that every part is correctly administered.
This quantity displays the emergence of aging as a world situation, together with chapters by means of overseas students from Asia, Australasia, Europe and North the United States. It offers a accomplished evaluation of key traits and matters within the box, drawing upon the total variety of social technology disciplines. The instruction manual is equipped into 5 elements, every one exploring diverse points of analysis into social elements of aging: Disciplinary overviews: summaries of findings from key disciplinary components inside social gerontology.
Ältere Menschen werden häufig anders - meist schlechter - behandelt als junge Erwachsene. Beispiele für Benachteiligungen finden sich im Arbeitsleben, in der medizinischen Versorgung sowie im alltäglichen Umgang miteinander. Aufgrund der sich verändernden Alterszusammensetzung unserer Gesellschaft sind diese Probleme von besonderer Brisanz.
- Granny @ Work: Aging and New Technology on the Job in America
- Ältere im Arbeitsleben. Eine Chancensuche: Von Perspektivenlosigkeit zu sinnvoller Zukunftsgestaltung (German Edition)
- The short guide to aging and gerontology (Short Guides)
- Policy and Program Planning for Older Adults and People with Disabilities: Practice Realities and Visions
- University-Linked Retirement Communities: Student Visions of Eldercare
- Motive, gesellschaftliche Rahmenbedingungen und Einflussfaktoren auf den Altruismus am Beispiel des Projekts "Älterwerden in Kleinmünchen" (German Edition)
Additional resources for Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course
Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course by Susan Pickard