By Todd D. Nelson
Read or Download Ageism: Stereotyping and Prejudice against Older Persons (MIT Press) PDF
Similar gerontology books
Via Social paintings perform in domestic well-being Care, social employees will find a precise “how-to” method of social paintings perform in domestic overall healthiness care organisations. you'll find a ancient point of view on domestic well-being care and scientific interventions that can assist you enhance domestic overall healthiness take care of your sufferers.
The workout programming guidance supplied during this publication specialise in practical health education and safeguard and reveal how sporting events supervised through actions group of workers can strongly gain participants’quality of existence. workout Programming for Older Adults promises that workout programming attains a stability among the 3 significant actual components--aerobic, energy, and suppleness training--and that every part is correctly administered.
This quantity displays the emergence of getting older as a world obstacle, together with chapters by way of overseas students from Asia, Australasia, Europe and North the US. It presents a accomplished assessment of key developments and concerns within the box, drawing upon the total variety of social technological know-how disciplines. The instruction manual is prepared into 5 elements, every one exploring varied facets of analysis into social facets of growing old: Disciplinary overviews: summaries of findings from key disciplinary parts inside of social gerontology.
Ältere Menschen werden häufig anders - meist schlechter - behandelt als junge Erwachsene. Beispiele für Benachteiligungen finden sich im Arbeitsleben, in der medizinischen Versorgung sowie im alltäglichen Umgang miteinander. Aufgrund der sich verändernden Alterszusammensetzung unserer Gesellschaft sind diese Probleme von besonderer Brisanz.
- Ageing in Contexts of Migration (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- Leben und Wohnen im Alter: Architektonische und stadtsoziologische Grundlagen (German Edition)
- Physical Environments and Aging: Critical Contributions of M. Powell Lawton to Theory and Practice (Monograph Published Simultaneously As the Journal of Housing for the Elderly, 1/2)
- Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 32, 2012: Emerging Perspectives on Resilience in Adulthood and Later Life (Annual Review of Gerontology & Geriatrics)
- In Search of Naunny's Grave: Age, Class, Gender and Ethnicity in an American Family (Ethnographic Alternatives)
- No Aging in India: Alzheimer's, The Bad Family, and Other Modern Things
Extra info for Ageism: Stereotyping and Prejudice against Older Persons (MIT Press)
Ageism: Stereotyping and Prejudice against Older Persons (MIT Press) by Todd D. Nelson