By Joan T. Erber
- Updated content material and references contain contemporary neurological findings on mind constitution and functioning in addition to components that impact cognitive functioning, healthiness care, determination making, and social relationships
- Chapter commencing vignettes have interaction scholars with genuine global illustrations of older adults, which relate to the thoughts to come
- Applying study bins supply examples of present study findings that may be utilized to the standard lives of older adults
- Understanding getting older bins spotlight phenomena, resembling “sundown syndrome” and “end-of-life desires,” which supply a deeper perception into the getting older process
- Integrated topics of range, environmental impacts on getting older, and functions to way of life relate the tale of getting older extra on to key concepts
- New bankruptcy thirteen explores what older maturity may perhaps appear like sooner or later and ties jointly the author’s theoretical framework with perspectives on confident aging
Instructor's handbook with attempt financial institution and PowerPoint slides on hand on-line at www.wiley.com/go/erber
Read Online or Download Aging and Older Adulthood PDF
Best gerontology books
Via Social paintings perform in domestic healthiness Care, social employees will find a specified “how-to” method of social paintings perform in domestic wellbeing and fitness care companies. you can find a ancient point of view on domestic wellbeing and fitness care and scientific interventions that can assist you enhance domestic future health take care of your sufferers.
The workout programming directions supplied during this booklet concentrate on practical health education and protection and show how sporting events supervised by means of actions team of workers can strongly gain participants’quality of existence. workout Programming for Older Adults promises that workout programming attains a stability among the 3 significant actual components--aerobic, energy, and suppleness training--and that every part is correctly administered.
This quantity displays the emergence of getting old as an international quandary, together with chapters through foreign students from Asia, Australasia, Europe and North the US. It offers a entire evaluate of key tendencies and concerns within the box, drawing upon the total variety of social technology disciplines. The instruction manual is equipped into 5 components, every one exploring various features of analysis into social points of growing old: Disciplinary overviews: summaries of findings from key disciplinary components inside social gerontology.
Ältere Menschen werden häufig anders - meist schlechter - behandelt als junge Erwachsene. Beispiele für Benachteiligungen finden sich im Arbeitsleben, in der medizinischen Versorgung sowie im alltäglichen Umgang miteinander. Aufgrund der sich verändernden Alterszusammensetzung unserer Gesellschaft sind diese Probleme von besonderer Brisanz.
- The Social Work Interview (NONE)
- Live Long and Prosper: Aging in East Asia and Pacific (World Bank East Asia and Pacific Regional Report)
- Ageing and globalisation (Ageing in a Global Context)
- The Private World of The Hermitage: Lifestyles of the Rich and Old in an Elite Retirement Home
- Drama Activities With Older Adults: A Handbook for Leaders
- Social Gerontology: Pearson New International Edition: A Multidisciplinary Perspective
Additional resources for Aging and Older Adulthood
Aging and Older Adulthood by Joan T. Erber